Disclaimer: We may earn a commission if you make any purchase by clicking our links. Please see our detailed guide here.

Follow us on:

Google News

Apple Reigns Global Smartphone Sales with 85% Profits Leaves Rivals to Share 15% of Apple

Yusuf Balogun
Yusuf Balogun
Yusuf is a law graduate and freelance journalist with a keen interest in tech reporting.

Join the Opinion Leaders Network

Join the Opinion Leaders Network today and become part of a vibrant community of change-makers. Together, we can create a brighter future by shaping opinions, driving conversations, and transforming ideas into reality.

In a remarkable display of market dominance, Apple has solidified its status as a juggernaut in the global mobile phone industry. Recent data from Counterpoint reveals that the Cupertino-based tech giant now commands a staggering 85% of the profits in the mobile phone market, while competitors such as Samsung, Huawei, and others are left to fight for the remaining 15%.

The data, which contains the top ten best-selling models in the global smartphone market in the second quarter of 2023, shows that only Apple and Samsung make it to the list. The likes of Huawei, Honor, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo Transsion, and other mobile phone manufacturers are not on the list.

Top 10 Best-selling Phones in Q223

According to the data, the top ten best-selling models in the global smartphone market in the second quarter of 2023 are the Apple iPhone 14, Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple iPhone 14 Pro, Apple iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy A14, Samsung Galaxy A54, Samsung Galaxy A14 5G, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy A04e, and Samsung Galaxy A34.

From the above list, it can be inferred that Samsung has six devices on the list overall, compared to Apple’s four. Only one of them, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, is a model from Samsung. The remaining models on the list are all from the A-series, which are mid-range and low-end goods.

Apple Reigns Global Smartphone Sales with 85% Profits

Additionally, the data further revealed that Apple alone accounted for 45% of the global smartphone market’s total sales in the second quarter of 2023, while profits from Apple mobile phones made up 85% of the market. Samsung, Huawei, and the remaining companies – only 15% of all mobile phone makers make a profit.

As Apple continues to accumulate the lion’s share of profits in the mobile phone market, it remains to be seen how regulators and competitors will respond to this unparalleled dominance. One thing is certain: Apple is in a class by itself, at least in terms of profitability, thanks to its dedication to innovation, user experience, and strong brand identification.


Partner With Us

Digital advertising offers a way for your business to reach out and make much-needed connections with your audience in a meaningful way. Advertising on Techgenyz will help you build brand awareness, increase website traffic, generate qualified leads, and grow your business.

Power Your Business

Solutions you need to super charge your business and drive growth

More from this topic