Disclaimer: We may earn a commission if you make any purchase by clicking our links. Please see our detailed guide here.

Follow us on:

Google News

Fortnite Battle Royale: Exclusive to Samsung Galaxy Note 9 for 30 days

Aniruddha Paul
Aniruddha Paul
Writer, passionate in content development on latest technology updates. Loves to follow relevantly on social media, business, games, cultural references and all that symbolizes tech progressions. Philosophy, creation, life and freedom are his fondness.

Join the Opinion Leaders Network

Join the Opinion Leaders Network today and become part of a vibrant community of change-makers. Together, we can create a brighter future by shaping opinions, driving conversations, and transforming ideas into reality.

While the launch of Fortnite Mobile for Android is coming soon, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with its own launch slated for August 9 is to bring a host of offers in collaboration with the video game’s developer Epic Games.

Fortnite Battle Royale will remain exclusive to Galaxy Note 9 for 30 days and will remain the same to Samsung Galaxy lineup for an additional 3 months. The exclusivity deal further includes Epic Games providing 15,000 V-Bucks, along with skins, emotes, and loads more for the users who will pre-order the Note 9.

15,000 V-Bucks are equivalent to around $150, which is within $100-$150 range that rumors previously suggested regarding the value of the pre-order promotions for the game.

Fortnite itself being a free-to-play game has in-app purchases that you can gain by purchasing V-Bucks. This currency can be used in the game for buying skins, Battle Pass, emotes, dances, pickaxes, and gliders.

As for downloading the game, it’s not coming to Google Play Store, and you need to get it from the Epic Games website for the select devices after the Galaxy Note 9 exclusivity gets over. Therefore, this is going to be a third-party app installed on your device.

Reportedly, Epic Games earned over $1 million through the in-app purchases, which is the chief reason for the developer to bring the game via its own website. Samsung is playing the hand in promoting the game while bringing its own Galaxy Note 9.

XDA junior member came across the promotional attributes on the Epic Games website. He was seeking info on entitlement API that allows a user to be entitled to specific promotions and services.

Among his findings is the info: a user having the entitlement ‘Fortnite_Android’ on their respective Epic account will let them have access to the Fortnite Battle Royale game on their compatible Android device.

Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney posted a lengthy FAQ on Eurogamer exclusively, providing honest and straightforward information on everything users require knowing. He revealed in the post that they wanted to gallop the 30% revenue share that Google takes for all in-app purchases if the apps are downloaded from the Play Store. He added that this is a high cost for them, and a remaining 70% has to cover all expenses that include developing, operating and supporting the games.

Fortnite Battle Royale is presently available for free across PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac, PC, and iOS. Stay tuned to know when the Android version gets available.


Partner With Us

Digital advertising offers a way for your business to reach out and make much-needed connections with your audience in a meaningful way. Advertising on Techgenyz will help you build brand awareness, increase website traffic, generate qualified leads, and grow your business.

More from this topic